While CINDEX is a stand-alone program that requires no extra software to handle most indexing situations, publishers may require assistance integrating the software into their workflow. Issues that arise are:
- extracting data from a text source (for instance, PDF, SGML, or XML files) to import/load into CINDEX;
- merging, extracting, or transforming index data to create cumulative, derivative, or linked on-line indexes;
- validating complex data such as distinctive cross references or complex locators;
- automating production processes; or,
- post-processing the output from CINDEX to meet specific formats or tagging needs for composition or for CD-ROM or on-line publications often utilizing XML.
- composition of indexes
LevTech provides consulting and programming services to assist with these workflow integration issues. Solutions may include other off-the-shelf software, such as the LevTech utilities, or custom software programs or databases.